Motherboard Drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by elli5on, Aug 30, 2008.

1. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Hi all, Sorry to kind of drop in on you like this (been a while since i have posted). I recently had a computer come to me for repair, ''DISK BOOT FAILURE''. Ok, so first of all i stick it into my own personal computer.. Not recognised in my computer. No problem, ill head over to disk management and see if i can see it in there. Fantastic, there it is, Not initialised?? Ill initialise it then. Tried it and its a Cyclic redundancy Error. Now i run seatools, which the drive fails both long and short tests. HDD will not format so drive is knacked.

I installed a new Seagate 360 SATAII and install windows Vista back onto machine. Looking into the motherboard, i Have the following Model P4M-915GDI. Underneath is written P4M-910GLD, Now to me this points to MSI?? I have been to there site and cannot find this particular model for drivers. Type it into google which in all honesty does nto really give me any information regarding driver location.

My question to you guys.... Anyone know where i can find these???

Once again, Appologies for the drop in. :biggrin

Craig

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Have you looked at the large ebuyer thread that comes up as the first search result when you put in P4M-910GLD?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Yes i have, Didnt really give me anything.

4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Is it one of those Elonex Artisan home theatre jobbies?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Is this an Elonex or an Advent machine?

(These are what came up for me with a google search).

If it is, it may be easier to find drivers using their model number.

Otherwise I'd suggest trying the generic Intel 915 driver set if XP/Vista doesn't play ball. Perhaps the thing to do would be to install the OS and see what comes up not working!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Advent DHE 2000. Indeed it is a Home theatre media centre, They are all good fun whilst working. I have searched using the DHE 2000 Model number.