Monster Users - How long do you leave your CV up from?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Toadeh, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Toadeh

Toadeh Nibble Poster

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how long you leave your CV up on monster for? I put mine on there yesterday and I am currently getting a call every 5 mins from a different recruitment agency (and I can't answer them because I'm in work).

I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem with sites like this?

Cheers

Mat

Certifications: BSc(Hons), MCTS Web Development
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Have you got an alternative phone number you could use so they don't disturb you at work?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. Toadeh

Toadeh Nibble Poster

I don't put my work number on for that reason. I just put me phone on silent and ignore them till I get home.

Certifications: BSc(Hons), MCTS Web Development
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I never use Monster. Whenever I have to create a CV or register a profile there, every other screen is some sort of advertisement. That may be how they pay their bills, but it's really deceptive and time consuming. I prefer not to deal with them.

That said, they are widely used (go figure) so you'll get a lot of calls. Putting the phone on silent and answering after business hours is the way to go. Quality of respondants is not promised to be on the up and up all the time so as they're assessing you, it's best that you assess them.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I pretty much quit using Monster for the same reason. I absolutely hated their business model that makes you wade through ads. I just won't deal with companies that do that, and I'm somebody who tells them so too..... I don't know how many companies, whose sites I've just despised for all the ads that I've to wade through, that I've sent little emails to telling them they have lost all my traffic forever and why they have. Some have actually responded, strangely enough.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  6. BrizoH

BrizoH Byte Poster

I never use Monster due to the amount of "spam" jobs advertised there (if that's the right term).

Frequently if I search for a job in Glasgow for example, thousands will be returned with the location specified as Glasgow/London/Manchester/Any other combination - I refuse to wade through the junk.

I mostly use Jobserve now.

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
    WIP: CCNP
  7. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

TBH I never use agencies anymore I used to try and get work from them a few years ago but they try and shoehorn you into jobs and you get pestered all the time. Now I just look through the local rags and pick and choose jobs at my lesuire when the time comes.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing