Money Spent on training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Rob1234, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

I was just adding it up and the cost of all the training I have done is about £40k and annual costs for membership\renewals is £450.

Wondered how much other people had spent and if they could do it all again they still would?

Certifications: A few.
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Difficult question to answer, most my money has gone on exams and books. Probably not more than £4000 over 25 years. I'd definitely buy most of the books again.

I've only ever paid for two professional courses, around £2000 in total as they were university professional courses. I'd probably do them again but the value proposition is lot tougher.

Work has sent me on maybe 8 courses over a 22 year career, each course would be £1600-£3000. I did not pay for these courses, they came out the training budget.

University degree, paid for by government, probably around £10,000 per year for three years, again I didn't pay.

3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well mine is about to go up.

I paid for my degree, but will get my masters paid for, so 4k, whatever MTA and MCSA training costs, plus exams, some mirantis training, 3k, and some cisco stuff, what ever that costs.

The only problem I know I will have is remembering it all.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680