Monday 15th September

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by kevicho, Sep 11, 2008.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Exams booked for monday

Glad ive been working in IT for donkeys years as pretty much none of this is new stuff, and glad they arent cisco exams, love the good old ability to go and recheck all my answers :D

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Good luck :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Thanks had a good interview yesterday, and one next wednesday and have other potential interview with a remote support company, so want to get this one out of the way quickly.

If i get the job yesterday ill be getting into Sql server, which has been on my hit list, but down the priorities list, so dont want to be faffing with MCDST, so gonna be revising all weekend, bit nothing here is new, which is great :D

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Best of luck mate 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good luck :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. geevee

geevee Bit Poster

Good luck with the exams mate, let us know how you get on!

I've got my 271 booked for the 29th of Sept and the 272 booked for the 13th of October, I've got through most of the 271 MS book now and it's a very comprehensive read - very recommended!

g

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-290, 70-621
  7. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Agreed, sir! Cisco's exams are the devil.

The very best of luck with the exam :) Let us know how it goes. :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  8. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Best of luck with the exams and the jobs. :D

9. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck with the exam(s), let us know how you get on :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  10. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Good luck with the exam :)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  11. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Good luck and remeber those questions for the rest of us taking it soon! lol :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  12. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Much luck for Monday Kev :study

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  13. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

well thats 2 more passes, got 866 and 907, some really dumb questions in it. Still its done now

14. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Well done matey. :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  15. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

'grats. 8)

16. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the passes. :D

17. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Congratulations on the passes Kev - great scores! :hug:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  18. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  19. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  20. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Hi guys, finally arrived home after the exam (long story, nothing IT related lol) and I thought id do the obligatory how did i pass etc, what should people revise etc, and for this exam i can honestly say experience was key.

The only book i read was the 70-271 book, mspress, and also my online course which expired a few days before, so really my main focus was just to practice the stuff ive done day in and day out for the past few years.

What I would recommend is focus on supporting the operating system, and also office, mainly outlook and outlook express.

You should know the main tools used for diagnosis, such as msconfig, eventviewer, performance monitor, task manager and how to find logs for various services and applications.

To not break the NDA im not saying which ones were covered in the exam (not all were on mine) but a good knowledge of those will get you through a day generally on the support desk/in the field.

Also you need to be able to isolate where a problem is and what to do, honestly i thought 90% of the questions really only gave one plausable possible answer, there were a few were it could have been two things so you are left deciding which is best.

I would recommend as with all exams, getting there with time to spare, getting a drink before hand, go to the loo (if needed), and making sure you read the whole question, and make sure you understand fully what they are asking.
    I also recommend doing the questions at a reasonable pace (if you get stick on one, leave it, tick the review box) I usually review all the questions before I submit my answers, as a couple of times ive changed answers after spotting a little piece of information, which changed what i thought the question was.