1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modem Commands

Discussion in 'A+' started by steveh2001, Jul 23, 2006.

1. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Ive seen these mentioned quite a bit on transcender and other web tests - yet i dont seem to have learnt them from Mike Myers book - are these included in the test or have i just missed them out?

Things like:

AT ATDH ATH and ATZ?

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i dont think you *need* know them for the exam - could be wrong but if they would appear i doubt they will have more than one question on them...

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

yeah i think they arent explained in the book, might not be that important but still u can google it and have a look, just to be on the safe side...

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

There aren't that many or hard to learn. If they are on the objectives, here is a good link

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

ATH is to hang up the modem......
    ATDT = dial tone, to dial another modem using hyper terminal.
    ATPD= Pulse dial, same as above.

I think the questionos you ''MAY'' see are for troubleshooting. For instance....

A caller rings you with a problem with their modem, You tell them to communicate with your modem using windows hyper terminal. Which command would you tell them to use??

Craig

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  6. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

There's an article on them on the MM website, I think he realised it was a bit of an omission from the book. I did get one question on them in my exam as I recall. I think the only ones you really need to know are ATDT (dial with a tone), ATDP (dial with a pulse), ATH (hang up) and ATZ (reset the modem). He does list a few more that might also be worth learning.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  7. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Excellent- thanks guys!

Even had a question on them on the total seminars test, and got it right after a quick read :D :biggrin

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?