MOD 3 week cisco CCNA course!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Lewy, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Lewy

Lewy New Member

Hi all

you will all probably laugh but here goes

I done 1 of those 3 week instructor led CCNA courses on live equipment and passed first time but since passing I havent had any chance to keep my hand in so to speak

has any 1 got any sites that are good to start getting back into the whole cisco thing again

I have books n that and I am looking at getting some second hand switches and routers to practise on I have cleared my spare room out ready for setting it up I have been looking on ebay for equipment n stuff

I have an MCSA 03 security qualification but really enjoyed the CCNA course and would love to get into employment doing it useing my skills but as you all know you need to be doing the cisco thing daily to keep it in your memory not like the microsoft stuff!

anyway thanks all

Lewy

2. NoCompanyIT

NoCompanyIT Nibble Poster

You did CCNA 1-4 in 3 weeks? I did it as part of my university course and it took 2 years. We had one 2 hour lab and one 1 hour lecture per week. I also studied for about an hour or two at home each day. How could you even read those huge books in 3 weeks let alone understand it all?

I think it's pointless studying this if you can't apply it at work, because the information will be lost from your brain so quickly if you don't use it on a daily basis.

When I did it the pass rate was about 80 to 85% and I got close but not close enough, mind you I was studying lots of other modules at the time too.

I wish I had a big brain and studied computer science instead.

Certifications: Bsc (1st)