Mock Exams

Discussion in 'A+' started by zero, Aug 23, 2005.

1. zero

zero Bit Poster

Hi,

I read alot of topics here on the forum about (Mock exams) with high passing scores!!!, what is it???

Isnt the A+ only two exams with a passing score of 515 and 505 on a scale of 100 to 900 ? Would anybody please clarify.

Thanks.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi zero,

you are correct I believe about the actual A+ exams and their passing scores. Mock exams are exactly that, mocks to prepare you for the real thing. They tend to have a higher passing score than the real thing just to make sure that you are fully prepared and know your stuff.

8)

3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi zero.

There are various exams, free and paid for, out there based on the scoring range that you quote correctly. Probably the best known of these are Transcenders, which can be pricey, but are well, well worth it.

In my experience, and many others will qualify this, they are written deliberately harder than the real thing - the idea being that if you can take these and pass them on a consistent basis, then you will be ready for the real thing.

Bear in mind that these are approximations of what you will face in the real thing, and are not guaranteed to be the same as you will face on the day. (do not confuse these with braindumps - collections of half-remembered, so-called "real" questions, gathered by people who have just taken the real exam, and scribble down what they think were asked, then publish them online. These are unethical, and debatebly illegal, and will devalue any cert you use them for). I do not for one second suggest that this is what you mean, or are considering - I would just rather make you aware of what is out there ( if you weren't already).

Hope that helps, my friend. :)

EDIT: Or what Simon said :oops:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. zero

zero Bit Poster

Thanks guys :)

One more thing I studided from the Leankey Michael Meyers videos.

well, I am using Prelogic and Testking for testing my knowledge.

what do you think, is it good?? is it sufficient??

Please Advise.

5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

For Testking see braindumps above. Totally against CF policy, and likely to land you in some sh1t. If you use them, it's at your own risk, and DO NOT expect a favourable reaction to them from anyone around here.

But we generally give folks the benfit of the doubt, Maybe you didn't know, I guess you do now, m8. Do yourself a favour - pass on your own merits, not using some 2-bit cheat sheet.

My 2€ worth

6. zero

zero Bit Poster

Dear Jakamoko, first of all i really didnt know about the Testking . can you tell me what else is under the umbrella of (Braindumps) .

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Hey zero - no worries. Re your first point:
    Like I said, we tend to give the benefit of the doubt first time around, and I really believe from the tone of your post that you didn't know this was the case.

Secondly:
    Sorry, m8, but I won't do this. If your not using recognised materials from authentic sources, then there's a chance it may be braindump, but to be honest, you're more likely to have to actively seek them out, in which case you'd already know what your looking for. I'm trying to be fair here, and I really think you're acting innocently, but I will not even name any source of materials that others may then go and obtain, and claim "someone on CF told me about them"

If you want, PM me, m8 - I'm happy to help you. I don't think you deserve, or will get, a hard time because of this Thread. Like I also said above, our comments are more to help you stay away from the useless cr@p that can be obtained out there :)

8. deepdale11

deepdale11 Bit Poster

Do anybody know the answers to the Mock Exam 200-301???

9. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Can you be more specific? I'm not sure what you mean.

Any good exam simulation software will provide you with detailed explanations of answers to help you to learn.

:blink

10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

The people who study and learn do!!:dry

You won't get ahead by using someone else's answers to pass the mock exams. As was pointed out to you in your other post, study the reasons why something IS and also IS NOT correct. Then you will have a greater understanding of the material. Oh, you can also hammer your training provider with questions until they pop. Send at least 1 email per day.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

You already posted this question in the New Members forum - please don't post the same question in multiple forums, thanks