MMC console Windows Xp

Discussion in 'Software' started by Professor-Falken, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

Can lock a premade console on the Microsoft Management console why? I followed the instructions in the Mike Meyers book chapter 16 but the console still shows the Save and Save As options after changing.the console mode from Author mode.

Professor Falken

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You need to check 'do not save changes to this console' when you put it to user mode.

pic attached

Attached Files:

• mmc.JPG
      mmc.JPG
      File size:
      28.8 KB
      Views:
    Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

I did that but for some unknown reason after i make the changes I still have the option to save the console which shouldnt be there.

Doesnt make sense! Let me know if there is anything else I should be aware of. I know this is the correct procedure but it simply isnt working.

Professor Falken

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  4. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

You sure you did both things? Changed the mode from Author to User + ticked the checkbox?

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

If you copy the pic and then close the console. You will be prompted to save and select 'yes' to save changes. The reason why you get prompted to save is because you havent applied the changes you have made and the console is still in author mode.

Once you save the changes and restart the console everything should be ok.

any joy? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs