Mirror's Edge

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Fergal1982, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Has anyone else heard of Mirror's Edge, the new PC game due out late this year?

gameplay

Story Trailer

Its due out on 360, PS3, and PC (PC is released later in the year than the console versions).

Its basically a platform type game (Prince of Persia/Tombraider), but in First Person.

Apparently, whilst there are guns in the game, and you can take them. Its entirely possible to complete without using one, and even if you do, you are limited to whats in the clip before discarding the gun (no ammo clip pickups). Even if you do use it, it restricts the athletic moves you can pull off whilst carrying a weapon.

This looks incredibly interesting to me. I've been getting annoyed with the incredible sameness of a lot of games at the moment - strip out the plot, and they could all be the same. This looks to be a new and innovative take on an existing system. It could be great!

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

I'd already pre-ordered it a while back, and know one or two of the people working on it. Looks like one hell of a game! :)

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  3. Fergal1982

really? nice! I have to admit that the heavy breathing while running is a great touch.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  4. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

All I know is that I'll be dropping a few thousand feet before I get things right! :biggrin

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yeah... pressing WASD while simultaneously moving a mouse wears a gamer out! :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Apprently there is supposed to be a demo up on Live and the Playstation store later this week which could be interesting. In the mean time I am just waiting for the End-war VIP demo / Server stress test to kick off!

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. Fergal1982

[​IMG]

And for those, like me, who dont actually see the image... Here

8. Taita

Taita Nibble Poster

Played the demo, thought it was quite innovative :)

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP
    WIP: MCSE