Mike Meyers Passport or All in One?

Discussion in 'A+' started by striker, Apr 23, 2013.

1. striker

striker New Member

Hello, appreciate a bit of advice. I have just started to study the A+ with the Proffessor Messer vids. I noticed in quite a few of the other posts on here that people liked to combine this with a Mike Meyers book, but I wasn't too sure on what the main differences with the books are. Could anyone point me in the right direction? The All in one looks like a VERY big book, the passport less so, just a bit worried about missing important info.

2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

The passport is more of a 'quick reference' guide, the AIO although a BIG book covers everything you need and manages a decent level of detail on the various topics. Its also (or at least the old version was) really quite an easy read for an IT book!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. Learntec Glen

Learntec Glen Bit Poster

My advice would be to sample the book first and see if its easy reading for you. Everyone's different, you may get on fine with a book that I hate. The important thing is that it covers the offical objectives. If you'd like your welcone to download the objectives from my sky drive, I'll add the link at the end of this post. In addition, learn the concepts using as many different material as you can , for example; books, Q&A's videos, online collaboration. I can help with all of the above.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
    Certifications: A+, Sec+, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, CVE
    WIP: Server 2012