Mike meyers middle name

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Robertpowell, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Robertpowell

Robertpowell New Member

Does anyone know Mike Meyers middle name?

Or is this something reserved for the biggest of fans?

I have to do an in-class assignment, and I get Extra credit if I can get his middle name, any one know?

Please share!

Thanks

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I assume you mean the actor who plays the voice of Shrek. I did a quick google and didn't come up with anything except his bio and the correct spelling of his name:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000196/bio

http://www.answers.com/topic/mike-myers

He's Canadian if that helps. :wink:

EDIT: Here's his full name. I expect "reputation" for this. :D

Michael Frederick Myers

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Robertpowell

Robertpowell New Member

I meant Mike Meyers, the renowned author of the various A+ all in one books, A+ certification Guru....

Sorry for the mix up....

What is Mike Meyers mIdlle name?

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Yeah...I realized that I skrewed up when I saw the duplicate post in the A+ forum. Since this is "The Lounge" and since Shrek III was just released, I made the wrong association. My bad. :oops:

Michael...wikipedia can be wrong. What we need now, is a source that confirms either your info or mine. :wink:

EDIT: Hmmm. Interesting problem. When my first book contribution was about to be published, I was asked what I wanted my "official" name to be listed as. Since as an author, you want your name to be searchable and you want to yield as many search results as possible, it's important that you use one consistent name. So instead of publishing one book as John A. Doe and another as John Doe and a third as J Anthony Doe, you make sure your name is always John A. Doe (or whatever). Since, as far as I can tell, the "official" name of this author is "Michael Meyers", you may have some difficulty in getting his middle name, unless he's become so famous that he has an official bio online listing that name.

In fact, even though I'm a much, much less well known author, I doubt you could find *my* middle name either...simply because it's not listed in anything associated with me that's online.

Good luck.

6. Robertpowell

Robertpowell New Member

Hey thanks for the input Trip!

Sorry I doubleposted, yet I had a hard time deciding where it should go. After all, Mike Meyers is very famous for his A+ books....

I have yet to find a biography....Odd....

Thanks again!

7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

It's Quentin, isn't it!!:D

Actually I did manage to find that it starts with M, so it must be Michael.:ohmy

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

You will of course, be expected to produce your sources. :wink:

9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Your wish is my command. Link

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. BosonMichael

You could probably find my middle initial, but I'm not sure my middle name is posted anywhere online.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Oh duh...my resume. Ok...you've got my middle initial...but the actual name is a total guess on your part. :wink:

12. Robertpowell

Robertpowell New Member

Oh crap.....

I thought that site that was posted up above contained Mike's middle name....

Oh well, still searching.... :)

Thanks

13. BosonMichael

I've found what might be his middle name... but I can't verify it.

14. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

I have here, in my hands, a signed copy of one of his books. I met him "in the flesh" (and thats a lot of flesh, believe me).
    He signed just with Mike Meyers.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  15. Robertpowell

Robertpowell New Member

Well, what is it?:)

16. BosonMichael

Well, before I tell you, let me tell you why your instructor wants it...

Mike Meyers has created a contest on his forums. Whoever guesses his middle name and sends it to his Gmail account (whatever that address is - yet another part to the puzzle) will win a $50 ThinkGeek gift certificate. Here's the link to the specific forum topic.

Thus, if anyone wins, I expect them to split the winning gift certificate with me. 8)

Okay, here's the info I've collected...
    Mike Meyers lives in Houston (at last check), and some of his books indicate that his middle initial is D. From the interview with him on CertForums, he's married to Alison. Online person searches reveal a 45-year-old woman named Alison Jane Meyers lives in Houston who has a relative named Michael Davis Meyers, also age 45. Considering they've been married about 23 years, that's likely to be them.

Find his Gmail address, and split the prize with me.

Other less likely hits in Houston, TX are Michael David Meyers and Michael Duane Meyers.

In any case, enjoy your extra credit. :) And this, my friends, is why I was an Intelligence Analyst in the United States Army. 8)

17. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Nice detective work...or could it be because you have "experience"?

18. BosonMichael

I decided to add something to that effect to the end of my post a second after I posted it... check again. heheheh...

So have you found his Gmail address yet? :)

19. Robertpowell

Robertpowell New Member

I have found no Gmail address....

I am looking though...

I am also interested in knowing the program or service you used to get his name....Finder of some sort?

Anyways, I am looking for his Gmail now.....

Thanks for the help!

20. BosonMichael

I can't give away all my secrets... 8) but here's the direct link that gave me the info: link

Other links seem to corroborate this info. :)