mike meyers/james pyles books

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by jkmoreton, Sep 8, 2010.

1. jkmoreton

jkmoreton Bit Poster

Hello, just after some advice, im studying mike meyers 7th edi and im just finished chapter 3 and it seems to be going quite well, bit difficult to remember all abbreviations of everything though? i also have james pyles street book, am i supposed to be reading both at the same time? does anybody know where i can get a anti static wrist strap and mat/bag from as i have an old pc so im going to use it to help me study? many thanks:D

Certifications: none
    WIP: ccna
  2. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

You can buy the antistatic straps/mats on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=anti+static+&x=0&y=0

Anti static bags shouldn't be that hard to come by; every piece of computer hardware is usually shipped in one.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You can get anti static wristbands from most places that sell computers or peripherals like PC world, staples etc

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. jkmoreton

jkmoreton Bit Poster

Great thanks for that, any ideas on how best to study both books??
    many thanks:biggrin

5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Have a look here for some help with abbreviations.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  6. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I would read through the Mike Meyers book first then Jame's book (which is a lot easier to understand). Once you've done that, go through both books side by side reading the same relevant chapters making notes from each as you go. It'll all fall into place like that. Jame's book is aimed more at the technician working for himself and teh home user, while Mike Meyers book is aimed specifically to get you through teh exam objectives, they both cover teh same stuff just in different ways.
    You can also ask JP as he's lurking around here somewhere normally. Still got my signed copy 1st edition street smarts sat on me desk!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  7. jkmoreton

jkmoreton Bit Poster

cheers guys great help.:D