Mike Meyers 'Essentials' 220-601 - Answers not in book..

Discussion in 'A+' started by emelen, Sep 9, 2009.

1. emelen

emelen New Member

hi everyone,

forgive me if i'm missing the point of the book, but where are the answers to the chapter quizes?
    i dont seem to be able to find them in the book so i cant tell if my answers are right or wrong and what areas need more attention and re-reading.. do i have to take the exam to find this out?

cheers,

matt..

2. keithmoon

keithmoon Byte Poster

hi mate there either the next couple of pages after the questions or at the end of the book along with the answers to every other chapter quiz

3. emelen

emelen New Member

i must be being VERY blind or the answer pages fell out in the post. i've just finished the 3rd chapter and again, the answers aren't there at the end of the chapter or the back of the book.. it just runs 'Chapter 20, Appendix A, Glossary, Index, License Agreement' then rear cover... Its the Mike Meyers Guide Comptia A+ Essentials Exam 220-601 book.. If you have a copy, please could you tell me the page number(s) of the answers for just 1 of the chapters so I can double check..

thanks..

matt..

4. keithmoon

keithmoon Byte Poster

hi mate
    I have the cd-rom sixth edition and the answers are right after the questions :dry

5. emelen

emelen New Member

hmm... ok.. my edition comes through Advent, the training organisation, so i imagine they must have their own edition published as it has 'Advent' on the cover, it has no answers and NO CD.. i'll email the 'mentors' at advent and see what the score is.. my apologies if my initial response to your help appeared rude, btw. i re-read it today and it wasnt meant to be as sarcastic as it appears.. sorry..

thanks again,

matt..

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yet another reason to stick with self-study methods. ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

most training providers have their own material and quote references from the proper material and are often not as good but thats rip off training providers for you.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. keithmoon

keithmoon Byte Poster

its cool mate :)

9. Advent Chris

Advent Chris New Member

Hi Emelen

As my name suggests, I work for Advent.

You're right, the answers to the questions aren't in the book as the author produced it for us in this format. This is pretty standard in colleges and training companies. Obviously if you're self-studying you'll need the answers in the book as you need to mark it yourself.

If you haven't emailed the mentors already, just drop us an email and we can either send you the answers, or we can mark the questions for you and tell you how you're doing. If there are any areas you're stuck with, we'll be able to give you some assistance as well.

All the best

Chris @ Advent