Mike Meyers All in one...

Discussion in 'A+' started by darrenwis, Feb 24, 2009.

1. darrenwis

darrenwis Bit Poster

Hi,

I have just been looking at the above book in my local shop while I await its delivery today.

I plan to read the book from cover to cover but couldn't help thinking it isn't structured for the A+ exams, for example, how do i know what to study for the essentials exam?

Look forward to your replies.

Darren

Certifications: BSc (hons)
    WIP: A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The book tells you what is covered by each exam on the first few pages but do not make the mistake of skipping bits just read the whole book from start to finish and you will be ok.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

You need to get hold of the A+ Exam objectives. They should be at the front of the book in a tear out card or some such. Or, you can have a look here:

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12154

Then, just follow the objectives through the book. I would however advise to at least skim the whole book, if not thoroughly read it all. You need a whole lot of background knowledge to really excel in this exam, and in the jobs that you will gain with the certification.

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Yeah I pretty much ignored which bits went with which exam. Alot of the information is required across all 4 exams, so just read it cover to cover and you'll be covered.. :P

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012