Microsoft's U-turn on the 70-621

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

See here.

Well I wasted an exam voucher and time :( Oh well...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Ossian

Ossian Bit Poster

I found this out the other day when I completed 621 and 623. The MCITP:EST and MCTS:Vista came through on my transcript, but no MCITP:CST! The certification planner showed CST as "pending" but all requirements completed :twisted:

A quick email to MS sorted it out -- I wonder how many weren't quite as "polite" as the MS quote suggests!

I have to say that MS sometimes dont seem to have any clear corporate communications -- on the one hand they say something counts, on the other that it doesnt.

Tom

Certifications: MCT, MCSE/A, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP, Sec+
    WIP: Not sure....
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

MS Learning tends to change their mind about bad policies... but only after the crowd of certified folks yells VERY loudly. Happened during the NT4 -> 2000 upgrade time, when MS Learning announced that MCSEs on NT4 who did not upgrade their certification to Windows 2000 would lose their certification. They later reversed that decision, which was what created the "MCSE on NT 4.0" and "MCSE on Windows 2000" designations.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!