Microsoft- What on earth is going on with MCITP

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Jaron78, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi Guys,

Sorry to sound like a broken record but could someone please advise on the Windows 7 MCITP.

I was under the impression that the 70-680 and 70-685 or 686 Exams would give you the the MCITP up until Jan 31st 2014.
    Is this still the case or has it been extended? Id like to complete both (7-680 + 70-685) to get the MCITP, however, work are paying for the courses so if I dont have these completed by Jan 31st, do they go towards another Certification or just the exam title?

I have spent AGES on the Microsoft website which doesnt really tell me much at all in all honesty.

Many Thanks,
    Ron

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi,

Until that date, passing this combination of exams will give you both the MCITP: EDST7 (or EDA, depending on which route you take - 685 or 686) & MCSA: Win7.

Passing either or both after this date will mean you no longer earn the MCITP cert.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  3. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

That's great Rich thank you.
    I have been told that I will be passing my probation period in two weeks (Bar me bringing down the Email / Network Server or AD Domain) so all looking promising.

Thought Id be a bit cheeky and ask work if I could take both courses before Jan 31st and they said they will consider it. The Course(s) do not include the Exam but I have no problem paying for that myself. Will see what they come back with.

Cheers