Microsoft walks away from Yahoo deal

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ffreeloader, May 4, 2008.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Microsoft withdrew its offer for Yahoo today. To that I say, Yahooo! :biggrin

You can read the rest of this article at the KOMO TV website in Seattle, Wa.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Why so happy, Freddy? I'd have expected you to be sad. Just the thought of saddling Microsoft with an albatross like Yahoo should have been enough to send you into uncontrolled fits of bliss.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I just hated to see a company that's pretty much friendly to open source get eaten by MS. Yahoo actually contributes a fair amount to the open source community so if MS had taken them over the community would have lost a lot of that help.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  4. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

I don't think this story is over yet...
    MS was considering a hostile takeover, or even making the Yahoo board happy by increasing the offer. However, since Yahoo shares increased in value because of MS purchase plan, the story may be that with MS pulling out to drop the share price and come back with a lower offer.

An offer that the board might feel they have to accept, or at least do the hostile takeover with less money.

5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I agree. I think they will do exactly that, leave it for a few days and watch the share price plummet to $25 and the board will really squirm. Then MS will come in for a hostile takeover as said and get the company for 25% less than it was offering.:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685