Microsoft Training in Glasgow

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by volume, Sep 5, 2012.

1. volume

volume Nibble Poster

Hi team

So in work today we all got signed upto https://business.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning which has some pretty good material on it but I am one of those people who dont learn anything until they have made a mistake or completed an actual task 3 or 5 times.

I am wondering if there is anyone who knows of any good training centres in Glasgow or online that do distance training, e-learning but also provide labs that I can mess around in because I can never learn things just from reading.

Any other advice or tips would be great. In a nut shell I am looking for online providers who supply online labs or a training centre who offer play about labs.

Thanks guys

Certifications: 70-722, 70-721, 70-621
    WIP: 70-720, 790, 791
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Would a technet subscription (if you don't have access to licensed copies of the software) and some virtualisation (for the hardware) not be sufficient for you to build your own labs?

Judging by your WIP, that should give you all you need to pass those certs.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

QA provide training in Glasgow and I have been on their course through work in Edinburgh, but you are talking about serious money £1k for a week course and exam, if not more.

I also could access the link above as it asks for a username and password. Can't nuggets are good videos but as above the best thing is just to get a copy of some virtualisation software Nd create your own labs and mess about that way.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  4. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I was signed up through the same link at my workplace in Leicestershire, the elearning courses that we were enrolled in though was just Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced Office 2010, which was all pretty boring for me and at the end you get to print out a certificate which counts for nothing.

All depends on what elearning courses you have been granted access to? As you could take this information and look at labs you could setup yourself on a VM and play around.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)