Microsoft to stop producing Windows versions

Discussion in 'News' started by JK2447, May 9, 2015.

1. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Microsoft to stop producing Windows versions

Windows 10 is going to be the last major revision of the operating system.

Jerry Nixon, a Microsoft development executive, said in a conference speech this week that Windows 10 would be the "last version" of the dominant desktop software.

His comments were echoed by Microsoft which said it would update Windows in future in an "ongoing manner".

Full Story here

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Vince Polston likes this.
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Juelz
      Juelz
      Im actually quite happy about this.
      JK2447 likes this.
    2. JK2447
      JK2447
      @Juelz Ditto mate, its how it should be. The pace with which these OS's were coming out bored me. What will be interesting is to see how they maintain compatibility with updates as a major update could still mean the equivalent of a new OS in todays terms. Hard work for developers I'd imagine, maybe, as I'm no developer. Really good news tho. Also be interesting to see how this impacts us cert hunters. My first ever cert was an MCP in XP (70-290, documented on here of course), all of that will be out of the window now... interesting times indeed my friend
      Juelz likes this.
    3. Juelz
      Juelz
      Im very interested in how it will play out certification wise. I think what they will do is simply have various certs for the different updates they do, like have a sort of windows 10 cert then a windowd 10.1 cert, 10.2 etc so they can still make their money. Defo going to have a play with Windows 10 soon (in a VM ofcourse) looks like it will be a longlasting OS, better get used to it from now.
      JK2447 likes this.
    4. JK2447
      JK2447
      I think essentially the key to a long lasting OS is find a good one XP, and skip an OS with each revisions ha ha 7, 10, 12 :hacker: