Microsoft to sell software to Aliens, or something like that...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Microsoft to sell software to Aliens, or something like that...

Well that's my title anyway (and keeping with the Alien theme), here's the real title:

Skies to be swept for alien life

The switch has been thrown on a telescope specifically designed to seek out alien life.
    Funded by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, the finished array will have 350 six-metre antennas and will be one of the world's largest.
    The Allen Telescope Array (ATA) will be able to sweep more than one million star systems for radio signals generated by intelligent beings. Its creators hope it will help spot definite signs of alien life by 2025.

See here for the full article.

Why else would MS do this? :biggrin

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Just remember, Paul Allan is not MS. In fact, there seems to be some rather bad blood between he and his former business partners over the way business has been done, and people have been treated, including himself. Yes, he helped start MS, but he and Billy boy had a rather major falling out over what some have described as ethical issues.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It's all part of a Alien/Microsoft plan, first Bill Gates hands over his reigns, then contact with aliens happens, then Microsoft gets a monopoly in the intergalatic computing market. Lets face it, if Independence Day has taught us anything is that alien programming does not have the security it needs, and that in under twelve hours and a bit of C code you can hack into anything alien :lol:

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I watched a small segment on BBC news 24 this morning, you know if we find aliens out there, they'll be branded Microsoft property and we will need a key code or license to view them through a telescope or on tv :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. MacAllan

MacAllan Byte Poster

Because they are infested with the bodyless spirits of the servants of Xenu, and are unconsciously impelled to do so!

Sheeesh, no wonder Tom's building his bunker.......

Certifications: A+, N+, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP, Linux+
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Yeah Tom definitely has a very different approach. As for MS its another project to make more money.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA