Microsoft - the Ultimate Steal

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I was going to post this in news, but decided to post it here as I think OT gets the most traffic. Mods - feel free to move it if you feel it's best elsewhere.

In short, it's a *fantastic* deal for students and teachers - those with .ac.uk, .ac.je, .ac.gg and .ac.im domain suffixes on their emails are elgible (possibly subect to a minimum number of working hours for staff).

The offer covers Office Ultimate 2007, Visio Pro 2007 and Vista Ultimate

The Ultimate Steal

I'm definitely ordering up mine :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Its not a new offer. MS have been offering educational discounts on their office products for years. I got one when I was at uni.

I believe they do it on more products than just Office. Of course, the EULA does have a clause that you can use it so long as you, or someone in your household is in education. And if that ever becomes the case, you are supposed to stop using it.

It may be different now, but when I got mine, it was an empty box product - you had to send off a form with details to retrieve the software.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I only got 'updated' on this recently via my Open Uni email - I certainly hadn't heard of it before (but haven't been in degree-level education before)

Martin gets access to download a massive range of MS products (including Exchange and other server products) with his learning agreement (I assume as he's enrolled in the Technology and Engineering Faculty... I have no idea)

I'm not sure how this one works - just popping in my email addy now so I can get the verification whatever the hell they send.

For £40 I'm not sure if it'll be a boxed product -but hey, the full Office 2K7 suite for £40 isn't something I'm going to sniff at :biggrin

EDIT - it's a download. Hurrah for ADSL at work :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

:ohmy I thought citnexus selling the professional plus one for £182 was good. Shame I don't have an academic email address.

WIP: A+