Microsoft Sql - 70 431 passed

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Patch230, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Patch230

Patch230 Nibble Poster

Took the 70-431 exam this afternoon

Questions - scored 929

Simulations - scored 700 (i think this would have been higher if it wasnt for one of the simulations constantly re setting !)

Anyway apart from the glitch I enjoyed this exam ! I think Simulations should be the way forward, you cant really guess, either you know it or you dont.

Used Mind leaders and Measure Up (Measure-Up highly recommended for this one !)

Without giving to much away i found a lot of questions were really straight forward but the sims certainly made me sit and think hard (due to the wording)

Certifications: MCDST MCSA
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Not exactly. The way the simulations are created, they "funnel" you towards the right answer, with most everything else being disabled or unavailable.

Add that to the fact that you can braindump simulations just as easily as you can braindump multiple choice questions, and you'll see that going with only simulations isn't going to solve anything.

Sure, it's good to test people on whether they can actually do a job. But knowing the theory behind a concept is important as well... and you cannot effectively test theory-based knowledge with a simulation. That knowledge is what helps you to troubleshoot effectively.

Thus, I think a combination of multiple-choice questions AND better simulations is the way to go.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Patch230

Patch230 Nibble Poster

Couldnt agree more - you just described exactly what i was thinking - just a lot better worded. I probably typed my post a bit to quickly due to my brain being fried :biggrin

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
    Certifications: MCDST MCSA