Microsoft "sims" - 70-621

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Mikeyboy, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Hello Chaps...

I have booked my 70-621 for early September, so I'm currently doing some intensive studying - but I have read in many places that the exam style has changed? Or that they now include "sims" - where can I find examples of these sims? As I would just like to know the sort of things they are, I haven't come across any so far...

:)

Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+
  2. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Microsoft has some examples on their site that you can download to get a feel for the types of questions they will ask. Essentially, though, as long as you are familiar with the concepts on the exam preparation guide and have experience using Vista to learn those concepts, you shouldn't have a problem.

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You may also find this page useful from techexams. One thing to note that MS are changing their exams to the new "anti-piracy" & "anti-cheat" formats. But like BosonJosh already said:

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Hi guys

thanks for the replys!

Josh, I'm just downloading that now, should give me a good idea of what to expect... and Ken thanks for that too, quite a helpful little summary there - I have both 620 + 622 MS press books too, I've installed vista on my laptop to play with, its all quite self explanatory, a few new features but mostly just like XP with a lick of paint! I will crack on with the studying however.. as I do more exams, my study techniques improve aswell I think.... hopefully I wont fail this one (touchwood!)

5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck with your exams & studies :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Thanks!

Its in about 7 weeks... so I shall report back when I have it 8)

Just looked at the simulation download thing - I MUCH prefer those to the regular multiple choice questions, I'd say they were a more realistic test of knowledge too... Shame all the questions aint like that!