Microsoft Self Pace Book

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by cgmarchant, Jun 9, 2008.

1. cgmarchant

cgmarchant New Member

Hi Guys

I am working through the Ms book again on my laptop as I am look at the links that Microsoft recommend more information and they don't seem to work and more. You have to search the Technet site for these more information.

I am just questioning if any one elso has this problem or is it just a Vista! Problem.

Many thanks

Chris

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia A+ & MCDST & MSCe
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi cgmarchant, you're still better off visiting technet to get first hand and up to date info from MS themselves. Cheerio and best wishes with your studies:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

can i ask you some questions about advancing from the A+ to starting the mcdst?
    I've done the A+ and i'm looking to do another certificate,mcdst looks like the obvious next step,but i'm not sure if it is the wisest choice ,is there a reason you are doing this course?
    Do you want to work in a helpline enviroment only?
    No one has answered my questions about this course,and it appears funding is not available down here,so i'd have to pay the £500 out of my own pocket or self study,for it to be worth £500 i need to know more about the course.
    If the whole focus of the course is helping a customer on the phone then it wouldn't be for me.
    If there is more to it than that,and the certificate is expected for other careers then can you let me know?

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You don't have to take a course. That's why most of us recommend self-study.

The focus of the MCDST isn't just to help a customer on the phone... it's to help *anyone* doing desktop support assisting users with problems related to Windows XP. Highly recommended, even for techs not on the help desk.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!