1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft Reissues Anti-Piracy Tool, Lawyers Sue

Discussion in 'News' started by Mr.Cheeks, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Microsoft Reissues Anti-Piracy Tool, Lawyers Sue

Microsoft this week reissued a software component designed to detect pirated versions of Windows, citing a consumer backlash following revelations that part of the program phoned home to Redmond each day plus every time the user rebooted the machine.

Meanwhile, a new class-action lawsuit charges that the software giant installed the program on users' machines in a misleading way and did not give customers notice that the program would communicate data back to Microsoft.....

To read the rest of the article, click here...

porta2_tags:

Comments

1. JonnyMX
      JonnyMX
      Aaaww no!
      You'll start him off again!
    2. zimbo
      zimbo
      well im going to have a go first! :x its bull****! They should sue them! How can you change things like the EULA once people already have the thing installed??? They LIED to people - thats what its called! Who knows what other stuff they have embedded into its OS! because they a world domination doesnt mean they can control us! I really hope hackers carry on their *good* work just to tick MS off! because they starting to do it for me! :dry :dry
    3. Mr.Cheeks
      Mr.Cheeks
      would i? :tune