Microsoft press PDF files

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by kevicho, Feb 13, 2008.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Am in the unfortunate position of having lost the cd which came with my box set on MCSE Self Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294) books, as at the moment id like to study at work but it is kinda tricky working from the book, and I only have the 290/291 pdfs on my work PC.

Does anyone where i can get a copy of these 2 pdfs (70-293, 70-294), as i own the books copyright shouldnt be an issue, and i dont normally condone piracy, but i think in this case it should be acceptable.

Am going to look at home again tonight, but im not hopeful lol

Cheers

Kev

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Unfortunately, if someone were to send you the PDFs, they'd be in violation of copyright law because they don't have the right to distribute them to you. There's no way they could remotely confirm that you own those books.

Next time, protect your investment... safeguard the CDs that come with your books.

Just curious... in what way is it "tricky working from the book"? :blink Most people would say it's tricky working from the PDF.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

i think you misinterpreted what i meant by tricky, what i mean is sat here with a head in a book, i dont think they mind me revising in spare time, its just being on screen on a PDF file, it looks more like work, if ya get my drift.

I do enjoy reading the book though, with all the bookmarks and yellow postit notes in there its a lot more organisable :)

Luckily Amazon are sending me another set so im the beneficiary of a mix up with there support lol

CDs will be backed up, i may torrent it, but its a shame i cant login to ms somewhere and download them

Thanks for the reply

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
  4. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Thanks, stumbled across that link yesterday, so wasnt hopeful but luckily some amazon staff screwed up and they are now shipping me another set, just have to send it back when ive taken the cd out or copied it.

Normally really organised so wondering where this could have gone :S

Oh well, back to study

6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Good to hear its all sorted out now:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Ah, yes, that makes perfect sense. :) When studying at work, PDF is definitely a good idea. ;)

Repped Tinus for the helpful link!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Thank you!

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP