Microsoft Ignite

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Apexes, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Anyone attending Microsoft Ignite in Chicago in may?

I've just got approval from work to go, looks like it should be a good week.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  2. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

I've been a few times at the TechEd events (2000 in Orlando, 2001 in Atlanta), and they were really fantastic. Back then paid by the company I worked for.

Now I go roughly once every 18 months to Seattle for a TechReady event which is similar in nature, but for Microsoft employees. It's also a large, 1 week long training event very similar to what TechEd used to be.

I'd love to attend Ignite, but my employer wouldn't pay for it as it falls outside of our own internal training events (flights accommodation, food and entry costs are not cheap)... Sometimes it's possible to get in as an assistant and that could help reduce the price of the event or get rid of the costs altogether, but I believe my US-based colleagues would have a better chance at that then me...

I really want to see a report from you once you're back, Apexes :) If it sounds really exciting, maybe I'll try harder to convince my boss to help me go there next year. Would love to be back in the audience consisting of our customers, versus three or four thousand consultants, engagement managers, and the like.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I've never been, but always heard good things. I'd love to attend a TechEd one day, but that's just one of many conferences that I need to attend ;)

Let us know how it goes, would love to hear more about it.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

I shall report :)

I'm specifically looking to the Windows 10 expert deployments via SCCM, as that's my field.

I just kept on and on and on at my boss and eventually he gave in lol. never been before so should be good

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  5. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

If they still do it, the Thursday night party will be a lot of fun.

Just don't drink too much cheap Bud Light, you uh... never know where you might end up.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM