Microsoft exam price increase

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by 56mylar, May 6, 2011.

1. 56mylar

56mylar Bit Poster

So, Microsoft is upping the cost of their exams. What are your thoughts about this? As someone form the US, the thing that irked me the most was the fact that they stated... "The retail price for Microsoft Certification exams in the U.S. and Canada will rise from $125 to $150, but it'll remain unchanged in counties like Ireland, Spain and Greece, whose economies are still shaky. "

Our economy isn't still shaky?!?

2. samlea72

samlea72 Bit Poster

Yeah, good point. So the justification for the price increase was because the economy is doing so well?

3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. ipywipsy

ipywipsy New Member

and now the pro-metric center says the Microsoft site is down and that we cannot do exams for few days! 1 week more till the price hike...

5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I dont really care if the price has gone up as long as it wasn't astronomical. The price hasn't gone up in 10 years so thats quite good in my opinion.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. DryPlate

DryPlate Nibble Poster

Same here.. I also don't care about having to purchase a paper certificate.. I'm not sure how many people keep those on display. Although I do imagine some dire incident at a mall or a public place where someone yells out "Is there a MCITP: Server Administrator in the room?" then I wipe out my wallet and show my certification card.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCDST, Apple Certified Associate
    WIP: CompTIA Network+, MCITP: EDST 7
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I havent ordered any cerificates but have downloaded them.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?