Microsoft Exam Pack & Second Shot Extended

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by michael78, Jan 13, 2011.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Not sure if this has been posted already or is well known but a heads up looks like the grace period to take the exams has been extended to December 2011 if you bought an exam pack on or after 01/01/2011. You need to take the first exam by June 2011. Link HERE Info at bottom of the page under "Please Note". Gives me a bit of breathing space to take my exams :biggrin.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Great news for members on here then

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  3. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Well that is good. I grabbed a code before christmas just in case but didn't book any. Just grabbed a new code now. I expected to get the 2 exams I was going to do by June but this is better as you never know what life is going to throw at you!

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

The exam pack is great
    but has some limitations

I have the five pack and this is what I have found out

you can only book one exam at a time (this is due to the way the same code is used for second shot attempts)
    once you pass a test, after 24 hours you should be able to book another one
    if you FAIL a test, you have to wait 72 hours before you can book your second shot (only your second shot, not another exam with another number)
    once you pass or fail that, you can book your next exam after 24 hours

now, over the Christmas break when i was trying to squeeze as many exams into two weeks as possible, this was a gargantuan problem for me
    i imagine for most people, it won't be :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. bogus1195

bogus1195 Bit Poster

Hi Phoenix :: Thanks for the info

It is good that the offers have been extended ........:biggrin

Certifications: CCNA ,MCP
    WIP: Windows 7 -- 70 - 680