Microsoft E-Learning

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by VantageIsle, Jan 13, 2008.

1. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Just before Christmas a very nice lady from the training department at my work asked me if I would find any use of some Microsoft E-learning as she had two spare vouchers, the answer was a very large YES! :biggrin

she gave me two vouchers: Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment (2274)
    and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment (2275) both on-line courses are valid for 18 months..... what a result.

I have been working away at the 2274 for a few weeks now I find it easy to follow but a bit clunky in places, i have started the 2275 this afternoon and find this very interesting.

I was just wondering if any other certforum members are/have used this online training and what they thought of it, i was thinking of buying a few books to complement this training, as I plan to get stuck into working towards MCSA (which my boss has hinted that they will sort out the training for this year) any ideas?

Anyway, the moral of the story is always be nice to the users you support they may do something nice in return.:biggrin

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  2. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

I was only rude to the ID 10T users.:D

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  3. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

:lolbang :biggrin

D-Ten-T Error (also seen as ID10T ) is a term often used by tech support operators and computer experts to describe a problem that is due to the user's ignorance instead of a software or hardware malfunction. It is a masked jab at the user: when ID-Ten-T is spelled out it becomes ID10T, l33tspeak for "idiot". (Though the usage actually predates L33T as a part of geek culture.) It is also known as a "Ten-T error" or "ID:10T error".

1D10T (one-D-ten-tee) is a common variant.

A highly popularized example of this is a user mistaking their CD-ROM tray for a cupholder, or a user looking for the any key. However, any variety of stupidity or ignorance induced problems can be described ID10T errors.

ID10T is also a term used in Naval parlance[citation needed], although pronounced 'Eye-Dee-Ten-Tango'. Its usage is similar to that described above.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA