microsoft.com blocked ??

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Andre, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Andre

Andre Nibble Poster

Hi. I have a network based on windows 2000 server (directly conected to interent with ICS), 2 windows xp and 1 w2000 pro. Problem is: recently added windows XP (laptop) and W2K pro ( desktop) can not connect to microsoft.com, hotmail.com yahoo.com ( that is microsoft related sites) all other sites are fine. I can access above sites from my server and the other XP. All computers has the same settings obtained through DHCP.
    What is going on?

Any ideas?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: 70-270, 70-290, Network+
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

firstly yahoo.com is not a microsoft related site
    have you checked your dns settings/cache to see theres not a problem there? the blocking is obviously happening your end not thiers (blocking may not be the most appropriate word)

and can you please not post to three seperate forums with the same post, cross posting is not polite, and your likely to just have people ignore your post alltogether
    if you dont know where to post, post in the general forum and someone will move it if required.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi

Are any other sites "blocked"?

If you are running ICS I don't think you need to run DHCP as ICS issues IP addresses - been a long time since I worked on a ICS / Nat issue.

HTH

P.S. Please do not post the same topic in several forums.

4. Andre

Andre Nibble Poster

First of all sorry for that multiple posting - it won't happen again.

Well I'm not using dns so it's not the issue. Strange thing is that these sites are working on half of mine computers and the other half is unable to connect and TCP/IP settings are exactly same for all of them. I noticed that when I use proxy server in Internet explorer (internet options ==> conections--> LAN settings) on that faulty systems I'm able to load microsoft.com and others "blocked sites".

5. Andre

Andre Nibble Poster

no only sites "blocked" are: microsoft.com, msn.com, yahho.com, hotmail.com