1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Tech

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by tenchidbz, Dec 9, 2007.

1. tenchidbz

tenchidbz New Member

Hello, I was wondering if anybody has taken the MCDST tests??
    The 70-271, and 70-272 tests.

Will having the A+, Network+ IT Certs help with these on material that is tested?? What should I be studying for the actual test? I meen I have been a systems builder with windows XP for years, since it came out back in 2001, and one computer running good old Windows 98. I passed the A+ and Network+ tests the first time, etc. Thanks!

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+
    WIP: MCP, MCDST
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I usually recommend MSPress and Sybex books for Microsoft exams.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

The A+ and N+ will definately help along with the books recommended by BosonMichael.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

But not today??

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Eh, yeah, today's a good day to recommend them, too. :) :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!