Microsoft Certification UK

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by madman045, Mar 12, 2007.

1. madman045

madman045 Kilobyte Poster

Has anyone used Microsoft Certification UK distance learning?

http://www.microsoft-certification.co.uk

Currently have the price list for the courses and my employer is looking at them for all of us.

Has anyone used them?

Thanks

Andy

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, PRINCE2 Foundation, VCA-DCV & VCA-DT
    WIP: MCSA 2008, VCP5-DCV, ITIL V3
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

At first I thought they were part of MS, but then I saw this:

"Please Note: We are not Microsoft. We are a training company that provides training materials and classes to gain your Microsoft certification."

I don't know anything about them, but if you go with them, please let us know how you get on with them.

Thanks

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: PGDip Cyber Security
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I personaly dislike companies that use the name Microsoft when they have no affiliation what so ever

also

What’s the salary for an MCSE?
    The MCSE certification will help to increase your value in the workplace and qualify your IT skills. With a couple of years experience you would expect to earn £25-35k and the average wage for a MCSE in the UK is £41,000.

is a pack of lies, albiet not as bad as some companies tout

i'd be weary, check they are an accredited learning providor on the MS website
    if not, be careful

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I'd beware of the company as well especially with the selling point an MCSE earns £41,000 pa. I don't think just the MCSE a lone would get you that amount well not at least over here in the UK for sure.

Just get your company to purchase TrainSignal CBT and some MS training books as I think this route might suit you and your colleagues best.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

As already mentioned im not a great fan of companies who use Microsoft in there name, and quote how much you could earn with the cert.

Self study for me, like many others, seems to be doing pretty well, so why not give it ago!

Good luck with our choice :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

It's a big gripe with me, companies like this talking b@llocks about earning potential. That's why personally I stay well away from them and prefer to self study in my own time at my own pace.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  7. madman045

I agree on what your saying, but i'm trying to find something that work would pay for and they could allocate me time to study :)

Can anyone suggest anything thats worth while?

Thanks

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Holy moly, I'm emigrating to the UK!!! :ohmy :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Madman,

I assume your employer is prepared to pay for classroom based, official Microsoft provided training?

If so, take a look at the Microsoft Learning directory

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. madman045

If only Boyce, at the moment we are so busy, we wouldn't be able to take the time out, but i will have a look at the link you provided and make my suggestions and see what happens.

Andy

11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

'Average' IT salary is really a nightmare.
    Look anywhere online and you get mad figures.
    I can only assume that Bill Gates and his team make a point of filling in the Computer Weekly salary survey.
    And there's people like me who add an extra '0' to their salaries to look good (at the end, not the begining).
    So it's 'average' - bit meaningless.

In terms of what they call themselves - again, a bit meaningless.
    Not necessarily evil, just part of our advertising culture.
    Seen the cornflake ads 'you could lose up to 6lbs*'?
    There's always a rider.

Don't take anything on face value and do your homework.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD