Microsoft Certification Route

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by shadowwebs, Apr 30, 2012.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I have had a week to think about what route to take since becoming A+ certified last Monday.

Decided on the MCITP me thinks, I see that Professor Messer covers the 70-680, what other exam has to be covered to become MCITP as I know only one exam has to be passed to be MCP, but more are required to be MCITP.

I may then go back and cover Network+ / Security+ / Server+ with compTIA after getting a Microsoft certification under my belt.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

70-680 MCTS and either: 70-685 or 70-686, depending on your experience and environment. Most users would do 70-685.

70-680 & 70-685 = MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician

70-680 & 70-686 = MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7
    Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
    Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  3. shadowwebs

Boffy,

Have you decided to hit the MOS 2010 instead of Network+ for the time being? ... I have just started reading up on it and was about to post a question when I noticed your WIP comment about MOS 2010.

Any idea how much the exams are for each of the sections?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  4. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

I was looking to do Network+ but at work we have moved forward our Office 2010 deployment so I'll tackle network+ after I get my MOS Master.

Each exam (with a discount voucher) come to about £55 each. 5 exams if you want to become a MOS.

I think its worth having, the amount of troubleshooting and 'how-to' questions I get on a daily basis is only going to get bigger with the deployment.

5. shadowwebs

We have also recently gone through the Office 2010 roll out, and yeah a lot of questions came up.

A tip ready for you is... "how do I scan in Word 2010", the simple answer is that Microsoft removed the button to do this, but can still be done with keyboard shortcut Alt + I + P + S

Boffy likes this.
  6. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Interesting, never noticed it until now. Certainly an odd move by Microsoft.

Thanks 8)