Microsoft Apprentice for 16-18 years old

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by wisdom, Apr 6, 2010.

1. wisdom

wisdom Bit Poster

Apprenticeship with Microsoft Partners for 16-18 years old.

Found this on Hays IT website. It's for 16-18 years old only with opportunities in Brimingham, Leeds and Manchester.

To apply you must have:

5 GSCE's Grades A-C (Maths and English is essential )
    Willingness to learn about IT and great communication skills

More details here. Or goto www.hays.co.uk and search for Microsoft Apprentice.

To apply, click the "Apply Online" as the other dedicated recruitment shortcut link did not work at the time. Also there are around 20 apprentice positions to be filled I was informed. So be quick and good luck.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
    Certifications: CITP, ITIL v3 Foundation
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

A bit misleading "Microsoft Apprenticeship" as you work with a Microsoft partner (not Microsoft directly) and apprenticeships are free anyway to 16-18 year olds.

However MS may be funding the pay (£100 pw) thru the MS Partner. But saying that, this is a very good opportunity for youngsters that want to get into IT. Now only if they did something like that with us old(-er) folks :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. wisdom

wisdom Bit Poster

Thanks, Ken, for the correction. Can't change the topic heading but added "Apprenticeship with Microsoft Partners for 16-18 years old" for clarity, and yes it's for our younger generations 8)

Certifications: CITP, ITIL v3 Foundation
  4. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

This gets me angry because adults can do apprenticeships (any industry), i believe they have to partly fund the training, unless extreme circumstances , yet they can be turned down for not been 16-18 years old.

To me if they turn down someone over 18 that can partly fund or is entitled to full funding for an apprenticeship as required then surely that's discrimination?

You may ask why someone would wont to do this well career change because of redundancy. I believe the government is trying to make apprenticeships more available to adults like they tried a while back, especially to those that cant fund further education and/or lack education. The main problem is the funding has dried up in most counties. I believe the Lsc is really struggling to supply anything to anyone at the moment.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  5. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

I agree

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  6. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

I think the main reason is because training providers can easily cash in on government funding

..... when there is money left in the pot :oops:

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots