Mesh. A disappointment.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by juice142, May 12, 2008.

1. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Three weeks ago a mate of mine asked me to spec. him a couple of PCs for his new business venture. They were going to be 'stand alones' i.e. not on a domain, but at different locations and the users needed to be able to view and swap files. I specced a couple from Mesh http://www.meshcomputers.com/Defaul...GE&USG=APPLICATION&ENT=APPLICATION&KEY=346812
    (the middle one) and suggested that we install logmein. Cool.

Three weeks later, after three ever increasingly annoyed emails and the same amount of phone calls (don't email them, it's a waste of time) today one turns up. ONE! I rang them and apparently the other one had failed the quality testing. Ever the optimist I accepted that and popped out for a meal...

Got back in tonight, having suggested to customer that he'd at least have one by the am and... it won't boot into windows. Yes it's Vista (stop it Freddy). And no, it won't boot from the recovery disc.

I can't take the cover off the case 'cos it'll invalidate the warranty. Arse. Arses. I'd use the 'C' word, but I bet you can't say 'ocean' on these forums.

AND I'm in the middle of an installation for a new facility (massive) for real work AND I've spoken to my boss about a pay rise (F* it you might as well know, I'm on £16400 at the moment) And he said no. Double the work and a teenager's salary. So...

I told him politely to... well I've got an interview on Monday.

If this sounds like a rant well... thanks guys,

Karma needed please.

Cheers,

J. :eek:

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Unlucky mate, Id suggest to get a couple of Dell PCs but sometimes they take ages to arrive!

I take it you told your old boss to shove his job? Good on ya! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

buy some bits, send them to me and I'll build them and have them back to you buy Monday :)

I hate it when crap like that happems, I will always build my PCs in the future.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Ok, I got it to boot from the recovery CD but the darn thing didn't come with a drivers CD. Bloody Mesh. Bloody Vista. It's got a Samsung 500GB HDD and on their website it says it doesn't need drivers but I don't trust it. :rolleyes:

So what I'm going to do is image the other one when it arrives and use the image on this one. What a bloomin' performance.

Oh and yes Sparky but in the politest terms possible, don't want to burn any bridges now do we? :biggrin

5. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

6. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

The Europe server is 'busy'. The Global server can send at 20kb. It'll take 15 hours. And time out I expect.

I'm up at six to begin to set up the new facility. It'll be a 12 hours a day job for the next three days. And I have to sort these little f*cks out for my mate. He needs them NOW.

I thought it wasn't possible to bite off one's own earlobe.

I've proved myself wrong.

This is where the experience starts to count.

Oh yes.

Usually, I'd put a smiley here. :rolleyes:

J.

7. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

I've not had good experiences with Mesh in the past.

A few years ago one of my users at work purchased a top of the range gaming pc from them and after a few weeks they kept having lock-ups whilst playing games. After phoning tech support many times they suggested she re-format and re-install. Not wanting to tackle this herself she brought the pc into work for me to do. Out of curiosity I took the side off and found that they hadn't bothered fastening the power cables out of the way and one had become trapped in the graphics card's cooling fan stopping it from spinning. This resulted in me being given a hand -full of notes for fixing it and when they wanted a new pc building last year I was asked to do it :D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  8. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

don't mean to rock the boat or anything but my box has been great from Mesh. Delivered on time and when I broke the graphics card they had a guy out within the week who put in a brand new 8600GT card.

I guess nothings ever perfect and I feel for you if its not been a good experience so I'm gonna send some karma your way and hope things resolve soon

:biggrin