Merging profiles

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Luton Bee, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

I am sure i'll kick myself when I get this answred but I just can't get my head round it at the moment.

I have a user who has a Windows 2000 laptop that he uses at both home as standalone and here on the domain. I need to get him to use one profile irrespective of where he is or what he is attached to. At the moment he has two uersnames and passwords as below
    Username/domain
    Username/standalone_machine_name

How do I configure it so he has one profile and one set of folders and he does not have to change the logon to section of the logon screen?

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Luton, couldn't you get them to use the domain login all the time, the machine should cache their credentials and allow them to log in even when not connected to the network. You could then configure a folder as being available offline so that they can continue to work on files while away from the network, they will synch when they next attach to the network. To do this select a folder on the network, right click and select "make available offline".

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Got to follow Phils advice and set those off-line folders up.