Men Are From Google, Women Are From Yahoo

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by tripwire45, Jan 5, 2006.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Posting this just for the fun of it. :biggrin

http://www.webpronews.com/insiderre...0051229MenAreFromGoogleWomenAreFromYahoo.html

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

No wonder dating sites are a dangerous ground:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Thats not suprising that statistic. cos that is mainly the case these days...I mean whats going on? and worse still you get some of them that are still in relationships...I mean that really ticks me off!! and the granddads themselves aint doing us young men any favours...I mean imagine if muggins here meets up a nice woman on a dating site and she tells me oh by the way I went on a date with a 60yr old man!!! (not that she probs would tell me but still the thought of it :eek: ) yuk!!!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Now you want stats? well before I get to that I noticed this

"The report found that women are more likely to use the Internet for emailing, getting maps and directions (after all, we men always know where we're going)"

All I can say is have you seen them driving with maps? :eek:

Now for those stats...this is crazy but seriously true!!

· 62% of unmarried men compared with 56% of unmarried women go online (and yet muggins here is still single)

· 75% of married women and 72% of married men go online (this is what really ticks me off and its just wrong! if aint for dating purposes that is otherwise its ok!)

· 61% of childless men compared with 57% of childless women go online (well glad it aint me!!)

· 81% of men with children and 80% of women with children go online. (yes I am part of this group!!)

but this has to be the best so far:

· 94% of online women and 88% of online men use email

Now I am guessing of all those people who use it for email probs 70% of each sex have expensive-ish computers and they will also have high speed internet connection and all they mainly use it for is email!?!? of course cos of this they will be business like users I am sure so I guess it all works out! :biggrin

5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

lol. Some nice observations there!

But if you want to see where the scary people on the internet congregate, go to any dating site with photos. It's awful. I actually met my current boyfriend through an online dating site, but the crap I got in my inbox before I sent a message to him...

I was 21 when I went on this thing. Did my profile, same pic as on here. And I had emails from guys older than my father (53+) asking me details and out on dates. That's. Just. Wrong.

And as for people in relationships...there were obviously a few of those too. Looking for 'no strings fun'. Makes my blood boil. I used to work with a guy who'd use MSN solely for his flirtation needs. Trouble is, his missus thought he was talking to people called 'Harry', 'Richard', and names like that. Niiiice.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Yeah I know what you mean..."who u talking to tonite dear?" oh just Tom..wants to know if I fancy going to his and then off for a round of golf" yeah right mate...we all know what your really doing!! I started going into chat rooms when I was about 19 and dont get me wrong you had your fair share of freaks but a few women I met online few years back I am still friends with today so all in all it all bad...my pet hate tho was when certain girls lied about their age!! they would say they are 19 or 20 when in fact they are 16 or 17!!! WHY LIE GIRL!!! u will eventually get found out...I always had a way of catching them out...if one said I am 20 I would just simply say "dont lie cos I know what you girls are like. you say your this age but in fact your not. there is no point in lying about your age when eventually it will come out. how will u feel then?" talk about belittling the opposite sex...but it did the trick...I met my sons mother on the Internet and altho it was one of those lets move in together now types...I am happy I left London anyway cos I needed to get away from that hell hole...so really no regrets in leavin London...and women who were in relationships...my God!! I wont even bother...