Meeting bingo...

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by Rostros22, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Rostros22

Rostros22 Kilobyte Poster

You may or may not have seen this before (probably have) but we use it with our IT manager in meetings. We have substituted words that are relevant in the workplace but it’s a laugh!

Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars? What about those long and boring conference calls? Monotone voices burbling on and on like a creek for hours on end, forcing you to look for the nearest sharp object or length of wire to end it all. Here's a way to change all of that... Meeting Bingo!

1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5"x5" is a good size. Divide the card into columns-five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.

2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:

synergy

strategic fit

core competencies

best practice

bottom line

revisit

take that off-line

24/7

out of the loop

benchmark

value-added

proactive

win-win

think outside the box

fast track

result-driven

empower

knowledge base

solution

touch base

mindset

client focus

paradigm

game plan

leverage

3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.

4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout "House!"

Certifications: ITIL Certs, F.A.S.T Auditor Certs
    WIP: None - Application with Police
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Wonderful! :biggrin

I've been in two long meetings today and I could have shouted 'House' several times over!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+