1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Player 10 - random mode ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jakamoko, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

OK, I think I'm being totally blonde here, but is there a way to get WMP10 to play randomly from your entire library on the hard disk ? Best I can see is shuffle, which looks like it's only going to play tracks in random order from a disk in the CD drive. :hhhmmm

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

yeah...just pick the library/playlist u want then start playing and set it to shuffle/random...the same as doing it from a CD...

EDIT: make sure you have the songs in a playlist/library in WMP10 first then off u goo...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

k, thanx Noel - done that, but it looks like it may randomly play each album I have in turn (will test after Pablo Honey is done)

What I want is to have WMP randomly pick any track from any album, therefore giving me truly random music, like the Ipod thingy can ?

EDIT: Aye it does - thanks NoelG :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

yes it can do that...but you have to creat a playlist of all the songs you want...so if u have say 5 albums each with about 15 songs put them all2gether in one playlist and off u go...otherwise u will just keep going from album to album manually...hope thats ok so far...

EDIT: sweet no probs man...happy to help...:D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life