Media Defender's well-earned trials and tribulations

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ffreeloader, Sep 20, 2007.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the RIAA and how it uses mafia-type tactics to harass to sue people it claims are illegally sharing copyrighted music files so I thought I'd share the following.

One of the companies whose software and services they use to "prove" their claims in court has recently fallen on hard times. It seems that Media Defender stored some 2 gigs of company email on Gmail, and their Gmail account was hacked. In that 2 gigs of email messages are clear and convincing proof that everything Media Defender has been saying in public about their actions is pretty much completely false. These messages also show an arrogance towards even their own client, the RIAA.

What follows is an excerpt from an arstechnica.com article that includes links to further information and quotes from the P2P people who are now sharing all of Media Defender's internal email files with the world.

You can read the rest of the article here.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1