Measureup

Discussion in 'Network+' started by dhenderson, Jun 27, 2011.

1. dhenderson

dhenderson Bit Poster

Hi

Ive got the measure up practice exam for the Network +. Ive taken the practice tests on certification mode and im getting arround 85%. Do you think im ready for the exam? Im confident but the only thing im weak on is subnetting. Ive been watching the professer messer videos as well which have helped.

Im looking to book the exam for a few weeks time but i just wanted some advice on whether 85% is good or not.

Thanks

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +
    WIP: MCTS: 70-640 - Active Directory Server 2008 , configuring.
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

that depends really, Do you feel ready for the exam. dont forget your scores can be skewed quite a bit if you take the measureup exams enough times that you start seeing the same questions again. I've found the measureup questions (from their website not the free ones for the books) a bit random at times in that sometimes they throw questions in that are completely out of scope of the exams.

still if you are getting 85% without any repeat questions its gotta be worth a shot I would have thought.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. dhenderson

dhenderson Bit Poster

I do feel ready, ive read the AIO book by mike meyers page by page. I jus wondered how the scoring from the measureup practice exam (on the website, not the book) compared to the scoring on the exam. I know CompTIA has a odd scoring method but i wondered if i could use measureup as a guide (by the way, the passmark is 80% on the measureup tests).

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +
    WIP: MCTS: 70-640 - Active Directory Server 2008 , configuring.
  4. JSH333

JSH333 Byte Poster

Sounds like you're close to being ready, I'd book it and just hammer the areas you're weak on. Everyone struggles with subnetting when its new to them lol

The MM AIO Network+ book is probably my favourite IT book I've read, very good resource

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  5. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

When I feel I can pass an exam I look to book it a couple of weeks away, then use that 2 weeks to nail my weaker areas. I tend to become a bit of a recluse in those two weeks as well. It's about the only time I put any stringent "you must study today" rules on myself and it seems to work. I've just scraped a pass in a couple of exams this year and I have no doubt I'd have failed if I'd not done the final 2 weeks prep.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job