MCTS Windows 7

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by aestudiar, May 10, 2010.

1. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

Hi,
    is anyone preparing/has passed the MCTS Windows 7? I'd like to get some info on difficulty, training books/materials, etc. if possible.
    Cheers.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

70-680? Yes, I have passed it. It's not too bad. Book wise, you can't go too wrong with the MS Press book. Also the MeasureUp \ Selftest \ Boson tests were \ are quite good.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. TommyTee

TommyTee Byte Poster

I've got my exam for it in a few days time and have been studying it for the last couple weeks.

I have used the Sean Odom book which I found one of the most useless books ever and last week forked out for the official MS press book which is a lot better.

Download WAIK for Win7 if you haven't already.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/42480-71-680-resources.html

^^Great post, loads of good info, videos and free online testlets.

I haven't taken the exam so can't comment on difficulty but I have found from studying that around half the material is stuff that you'll already know if you've worked in an MS environment and have used Win7 for a while. The other half is more focused on deployment - images, answer files etc which requires a lot more tuning.

Good luck.

4. willolpl

willolpl Bit Poster

Just got MCTS Windows 7 Configuration Study Guide: Exam 70-680 Book by William Panek £23 from Amazon.Its a Sybex publication with CD that contains chapter test's and two practice exams.

Certifications: CompTia A+, MCP, MCDST
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. ClassicD

ClassicD Nibble Poster

Hi,

Was that the book that has only 1/4 the pages that MS book has, for example talking about XP mode in Sean Odoms book is a little paragraph compared to detailed 4 page explanation in MS book.

classic.

Certifications: Diploma:IT, A+, N+, MCTS:70-680
    WIP: CCENT