Review MCTS: Microsoft Windows Vista Client Configuration Study Guide: Exam 70-620

Discussion in 'Articles, Reviews and Interviews' started by tripwire45, Apr 10, 2007.

1. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Firstly a great review as always James! - I shall look for it in my best tech bookstore!

As for the giveaways and promotions - best of luck with that also Michael.

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  2. mrobinson52

mrobinson52 Security Maven Gold Member

I am glad both to see Michael and Josh writing for Sybex, which has long been my favorite publisher, and to see that Wiley and Sons are keeping the quality and independence of the Sybex name. Congrats on a great new book to help techs get up to speed on the new Vista certs!

And I know what you mean about trying to write a candid review of a work by someone you know Trip. Good job! BTW, the pdf version of the book is a great option if you have to travel a lot. You can load the book on your lappy and not have to carry the book around. :wink:

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCSA:Security, Security+
    WIP: CISSP
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

James Chellis recruited us on to doing books for Sybex. They've been great to work with. We've been asked to do one or more of the Longhorn books too, but I don't know how much free time we'll have. It's certainly a possibility.

Thanks for the props, Mary!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I'll get around to reading it one day, its at the bottom of my pile. Only 6 books to go before I get there.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Ah, saving the best for last, I see. 8) hah! :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!