MCTS Exam 70-620

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Gamble, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Gamble

Gamble New Member

i am kind of :blink

As i am looking into studying for the MCTS

and i was looking into takeing the test on

"Configuring Windows Vista™ Client"

will this give me points towards any thing?
    and what would my next step from this be ?

thanks a lot

sam

2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Why that particular exam?
    Whats your experience in this field and do you have/hold any IT certs already?

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Passing 70-620 will grant you the MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration certification.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Gamble

Gamble New Member

Will this allow me onto the Exam 70-621 ?

i would like to go into support.

seeming as a lot of new systems are now being shiped out with vista,
    i would of thought that companys, will need people with
    knolege on the Vista, and eventualy id like to reach the MCITP Enterprise Support

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No; 70-621 is an upgrade exam for the MCDST, which is achieved by passing 70-271 and 70-272. Passing 70-621 gives you credit for both 70-620 and 70-622, but only if you have the MCDST. If you do not have the MCDST, you'd have to take 70-620 and 70-622 to get the equivalent MCITP certification.

If you would like to go into support, I'd recommend pursuing the MCDST first, then upgrading to the MCITP. Sure, new systems are being shipped with Vista... but the majority of computers used by businesses still run Windows XP (and some still have Windows 2000 Professional workstations!!). Windows XP will be around for a long time to come, so I'd recommend that you learn how to support them by pursuing the MCDST first.

If you don't yet have an IT job, I'd further recommend that you start from the beginning, first with the A+, then the Network+, THEN the MCDST.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

wot e sed

As vista is the new operating system by ms then obviously the cert will come into its own in the future, but alot of companies are quite happy with xp thank you very much so a vista cert would not really carry much water with them, you are better off starting from the beginning. It may seem like the long way round but its a well trodden path for a reason (it gets you quality results in the end).

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing