1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCTS and MCPD

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by spitfirebbmf, Aug 21, 2007.

1. spitfirebbmf

spitfirebbmf Bit Poster

hi all,

After a bit of searching and reading on this forum (which has been a great help) I have come up with a study route, what I would like is some feedback on what you all think, then I can get down to some serious study.

1) Visual C# Step by Step
    2) Visual Basic 2005 Step by Step
    3) Study for then take Exam 70-536 Using Microsoft self paced training kit
    4)AS above but for Exam 70-528 which I understand should then give me the MCTS Web developer Cert.
    5)Then study for the 70-547 Exam which should give me the MCPD web developer cert.

What do you think ?

Thanks in advance

Paul

WIP: A+
  2. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

Hello ! and welcome ! :biggrin

Of course you can study whatever you like, but the 526 and 536 exams can be taken on C++, VB .Net or C# you only really need to know one. Theres no actual programming so its more .Net framework and dev environment stuff. I'd personally reccomend C# to most people, thats what I did and thats what a lot of employers seem to want, but there is demand for VB and C++ also.

Otherwise sounds fine thats the Microsoft reccomended track after all ! 536 is regarded as the hardest by most people, depending on how you feel you might want to take this first or later. Be sure to read around the subject a little as the latest trick seems to be asking things that aren't in the study guide which I think is a little underhand for people just starting out.

The Microsoft books are probably the best for passing the exams and they get you a 15% discount and a cut down measureup test.

I posted my 536 tips in my pass thread.

For learning the language and environment in general theres loads different good sources.

Best of luck Paul !

Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH