MCT

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by vtruth, Nov 1, 2007.

1. vtruth

vtruth New Member

Hi

I am currently working on getting my MCAD. I already have one exam down.

Once I obtain the MCAD title do you know how I get the MCT title?

The Microsoft Learning site that you must send some video of yu giving a lecture to prove presenatiation skills. Does that mean that I hae to fin a job as an instructor so that I can obtain the MCT?

Thanks

2. GW

GW Byte Poster

I think you could set up a classroom someplace (a conference room with a white board) and a few people who are interested in the subject you are going to give the lecture on (helps if they ask questions and you give good answers) that might work.

Another thing you could do is check around with some of the small independent training schools and ask if they would be willing to allow you to teach some classes (say you are working towards your MCT and you will work for free), If you were in the Los Angeles area in California I know a school that would be willing to try you out and possibly offer you a job if you were good at it.

GW

Certifications: MCP x4, CompTia x3
    WIP: Cisco CCNA
  3. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

An other option is to follow a special training in where you have to prove your skills.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

To become a MCT, Microsoft has slightly different requirements per country. You really should log on to the MCP site and download the requirements from them.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. mcshap

mcshap Bit Poster

HIya
    You will have to provide microsoft with evidence of teaching exp or pass the Comptia CTT+ which will then be accepted by Microsoft.

Certifications: MCSE , MCITP, MCT, CTT+, VCP
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

First you need to finish your MCAD.

You need to know your subject matter inside out, and you will need teaching/training experience.

Best way to do this is to attend a train the trainer course (such as CTT) recognised by MS.

Then you have to give them £200 per year.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Yes, I believe that the MCT requires teaching experience, as well as continuing teaching at least several classes a year. As others have said, focus on getting the MCAD, then worry about getting the MCT.