MCSE training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by djshakir, Apr 7, 2008.

1. djshakir

djshakir New Member

hi,

this is my first post on here so sorry if its in the wrong section or something,

im just looking for some advice on which path to take my MCSE course. I have around 3/4 years IT helpdesk experience along with a HND in I.T., so am looking to back it up with some IT qualifications.

Advent have offered me the course for £4500 which is the 5 qualifications included, (mcse, mcsa, mcp, a+ etc....) so just wondering if this was worth the money? or is there a cheaper alternative?

any feedback would be great

Thanks

Dan

Certifications: HND Business IT ,BTEC Computer Engineer
    WIP: MCSA
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Have you considered self study through books, virtual server, and the odd cbt video?

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

With your experience you should breeze through A+ and perhaps N+ as well, using just a few books as fill-in. Should save quite a bit of money, and would allow you to assess whether you really need 'training' or whether you could do it with self-study.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Cheaper alternative: self study. I've earned every one of my certifications through self-study and real-world experience.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!