MCSE Track OR CISCO track OR better still BOTH?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by zabar_ullah, Aug 3, 2008.

1. zabar_ullah

zabar_ullah Bit Poster

Hiya everyone!

I am studying towards the MCSE certifcation. However, i have seen that many job specifications require you to have knowledge of cisco routers/networking as well as being MCSE certified.

So!!! What do you think ? MCSE Track OR CISCO track OR better still BOTH?

WIP: A+
  2. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

depends what you want to do ?

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Depends what interests you mate. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Depends on your experience and your interests. To be honest (according to your profile) you're still working on the A+, then I assume that you'll be working towards the Network+, alot can happen within any time frame.

You may find that you end up working in a Linux or Apple environment and a network infrastructure using Juniper or HP switches, in which case both the MCSE and the CCNA/CCNP aren't relevant...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Without real-world experience, neither. With real-world experience, either or both.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!