MCSE Status

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by jamessimo, Jun 15, 2008.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

James,

I don't disbelieve you. Like Sparky, I initially thought that you might have been confusing sims with exhibits, but you've cleared that up.

I agree that things must have changed since March, and I personally think sims are a damn fine idea.

GiddyG

2. GiddyG

I used Michael and Josh's Sybex** tome, as well as the Boson ExSim Max*. Both together were brilliant. I passed it and didn't even have a working copy of the software. 8)

*Absolutely fantastic - I'd fully recommend it to anyone. :biggrin

** Very well written, easy to read and taught me a few things about IE7 I didn't know.

3. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

I couldnt agree with you more sims do demonstrate the hands on experience side of things and that would suit some people

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  4. GiddyG

Best of luck with the 622 btw... when are you taking it?

5. jamessimo

jamessimo Banned

im starting my new IT job in a month so I will proberbly looking to do it over the next couple of months then once I get MCITP

I will look at mcse or cisco decisions decisions

by the way how was 70-622 how many questions was there?

How hard was it ? :blink

I could of gone the 70-621 route because I have MCDST thats the combo of the 620-622 in 1 exam to get mcts and mcitp
    but i thought by going the 2 exam route i will benefit more from it

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCTS,CCNA,CCNAV
    WIP: ccnp,ccvp,ccdp.ccip
  6. GiddyG

The 622 was completely different to the 620. I used a couple of books (from memory - I am currently sitting in conservatory with glass of plonk and office is upstairs), including the Sybex book, plus the MS site. The MS stuff was excellent and prepped me well; the Sybex book didn't go anywhere near what you need for the exam, but that's my opinion.

Boson didn't have a sim for the 622 at the time (they do now), or I would have used that too. Been going through it, and it is VERY GOOD.

Without breaking any NDAs, the work I did on the 620/622 combined actually stood me in good stead for my 271. There is a heck of a lot of generic stuff in MS exams, when you actually look at them. If you know it in XP or Vista, and you use the software, then generally you should be OK, even if you have to hazard a guess sometimes.

I was thinking of doing the 621 anyway after finishing my MCDST; however, after a bit of discussion, I have decided to move onto other studies.

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Thank you for your kind praise, Giddy. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!